Figuring out who am I is an ongoing process and I'm also terrible at articulating my thoughts or even what I like. You would think that in in your mid 30's you'd have a better understanding of self and grammar. You then realize that you're constantly evolving and that it's actually NOT that easy.
Thus, as an ode to myself, I began to write a list of what I enjoy, identify with, essentially who I am. What did I find? That some of the core things that make me "ME" have always been there, even if it's not as obvious. You sometimes just need to list it out.
- wood (birch or beech, clear stain or black stain)
- natural canvas
- natural linen
- natural cotton
- ceramic (stoneware, terracotta, etc...)
Colors: Beautiful neutrals.
- Yves Klein blue
- nudes (ranging from the blush varietals to greige)
- (blood red and emerald green- these come up occasionally in my life)
Forms: Human made.
- simple geometry
Uniform: Any combination of below.
- black everything
- white drape-y tees
- gray drape-y tees & oversized sweaters
- camel cashmere coat
- navy everything
- denim jeans
- skinny jeans/pants
- black leather pants
- black moto leather jacket
- black heels
- classic all white tennis shoes
- black rim glasses
- gold jewelry
Casual, Clean Modernity, Edge = Beautiful Utility/Utilitarian
Words to live by.